“Our only limitations are those we set up in our own minds” Napoleon Hill
What is self-discipline? The ability to control one’s feelings and overcome one’s weaknesses.
Master this and one can argue that your decisions will be taken much more efficiently!
Here are 5 rules of self-discipline that will help:
- Keep your cool. Acting on emotion especially when the opposite party is raging, is possibly one of the most damaging things you can do. Take a deep breath and control your reaction, one emotion at a time.
- There are three sides to each argument. There’s your side, your “enemy’s” side, and the right side. This means that in every argument, both parties should share the blame and find common ground towards a solution.
- 3. Never give instructions when angry. Any angry feelings and vibes can be easily passed on to other people. More importantly, being angry translates into unclear and misleading communication.
- Listen when you ask. If you find yourself in disagreement with someone, withhold from attacking and ask this simple question “How do you know?”
- Be tolerant. Self-discipline and tolerance of other people goes hand in hand. being tolerant, offering a listening ear and not taking criticism personally are huge steps towards being the “bigger person”.
Hope this helps!