Ginger is one of the healthiest, most delicious spices in the world! It belongs to the same plant family as turmeric. It has been used for thousands of years for its medicinal properties.
Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered and as an essential oil.
The medicinal properties of ginger have been studied extensively in recent years.
Proven Health Benefits of Ginger:
- Fights nausea, ideal for pregnant women and people doing chemotherapy
- Fights inflammation, showing clinical improvement in people with osteoarthritis
- Improves glycemic control helping in diabetes prevention and management
- Improves digestion
- Fights cancer
- Reduces pain
To benefit from ginger’s health benefits you can add it to your tea.
Ginger Tea Recipe:
- Peel and slice the ginger (about ½ – 1 tablespoon)
- Boil the ginger in water for at least 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice