Unfortunately, like many of you, I have a problem with dark circles under my eyes. After reading that filler injections help, I consulted a plastic surgeon but I wasn’t ready to go down that road so I disregarded this option. So on a mission, I went and found the best possible products to help camouflage my dark circles as best as I can. As a rule, always have in mind that they need “correcting” before “concealing”. What a corrector does is cover discoloration and neutralize under eye darkness prepping the skin for the concealer.
Eye advise the following:
- Hydrate the skin with your daily eye cream. Pat it lightly and let it sit for a bit to absorb. What this does is create a base and it preps the skin for the procedure to follow.
- Using a thin brush apply your corrector over the entire darker area and pat it in place lightly. It is vital the corrector is of an orangey shade as this is the right tint to discolour the blue/purple tone of the skin.
- If you have any ‘bags’ unfortunately you can’t get rid of them but you can definitely create an illusion to make them look less noticeable! Take a less creamy concealer like CAMOUFLAGE CONCEALER by Inglot or Studio Conceal and Correct Palette by MACor Infallible Total Cover Concealing and Contour Kit by L’Oréal Paris and trace a line in a really light shade along the eye bag but DON’T blend it in. What this will do is ‘stop’ the shadow when you turn your head down. (clever huh?)
- Take your favourite concealer and apply it over everything you have already done (along the lower lash line and side of your nose) forming a triangle. At this point take your beauty blender and slowly pat in the products to become one with the rest of the face.
- Final step; lock the make up in so it can last all day long. You can use either Translucent loose powder by Inglot or even better HD Illuminizing loose powder by Inglot (with diamond dust) all over the face and under the eyes and voila…that’s it!
Look at a couple of products below that seem to be doing the trick for me J Try them out but make sure you choose the right colour tone for your skin.
- INTENSIVE SKIN SERUM CORRECTOR by Bobbi Brown
This corrector has to be my number one favorite since it is a weightless product. It’s silky formula treats and neutralizes discoloration and at the same time primes skin for perfect concealer application. I use LIGHT TO MEDIUM PEACH which corrects brown/grey/greenish discoloration.
- INSTANT FULL COVER CONCEALER by Bobbi Brown
This recent purchase really works wonders. It is a concentrated, highly-pigmented concealer which visibly brightens stubborn under eye darkness and softens hollow, tired lines. I use WARM BEIGE which is a medium golden beige with yellow undertones suitable for medium skin.
- MINERALIZE CONCEALER by MAC
An all-time savour this moisturizing concealer is enriched with minerals and nourishing botanicals. Providing sheer to medium coverage it gives a natural satin finish. NW25 (Medium/Natural Finish) is my preferred shade.
- CAMOUFLAGE CONCEALER by Inglot
This concealer has very strong coverage and it provides a long lasting effect of perfectly covered discolorations. It is available in many different shades and all colours may be mixed and matched. I tend to use no. 116 but I like to mix it with some dry oil as I do feel it is a bit too dry for my complexion.
- RETOUCHING WAND by Bobbi Brown
This formula evens out skin for a natural look. Featuring patented pigment technology, it delivers undetectable, no-makeup coverage. Use it just where you need it or all over, as you would a foundation.
Till next week ladies,