An oh-so very Halloween pasta bake! Easy to make, delicious to eat, perfect for the children! It’s like spaghetti using bow-tie pasta! Mixed together with mozzarella cheese cubes and baked in the oven, the bow-tie pasta resembles the bats and the stringy, gooey mozzarella cheese the cobwebs. Totally terrifying! (Thanks Kristen for the recipe)
Feeds approx.: 6 people
- 1 packet farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- ½ kilo ground beef/pork
- 1 onion, chopped into small pieces
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese cut into 2.5cm cubes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Boil pasta, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a large skillet until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in pasta sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir cooked pasta and half of the mozzarella cheese into the sauce; toss to combine. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes