Detox can mean different things to different people. For some it’s spending a weekend in a Spa resort, for others it’s all about detoxifying their body and for others, clearing their minds from negative thoughts and moving away from toxic people and situations.
For me personally, when I enter a detox period, I try my best to cover all 3 areas mentioned above! So, I will book a massage, start eating cleaner; more veggies and fruit. But most importantly spend 10 minutes a day focusing on breathing or on a flickering candle to clear my mind of every toxic thought.
The tricky part is to understand when you are in a toxic state! It is important to listen to your body and look for signs:
Signs of toxicity:
- Headaches, tiredness, nausea.
- Non-stop stress – the cause of SO MANY physical health problems.
- Irritability, tension and lashing out at the wrong people.
- Feelings of suffocation and an “I can’t take it anymore” attitude.
How to detox yourself:
- Book a whole day at a SPA or just a single massage!
- Talk to a dietitian to start eating healthier (I highly recommend Christina Economides, author of “Anticancer – The Preventive Power of Food” and WMC team member)
- Start implementing exercise in your routine (See Super Sunday – Stefanos Thrasivoulides)
- Meditate and clear your mind.
- Take a walk in nature once a week or stand bare foot on a sandy beach!
Whatever you do, always remember this: “A healthy outside, starts from the inside” – Robert Urich