There are times that we feel super motivated to do something, we make the first steps and a few days later we lose motivation and stop completely. Does this ring a bell?
A quick, simple technique to stay on track with your goals is to make them more concrete.
Write your goals down on paper you give your subconscious the guidance and direction it requires to remain focused.
Using SMART Goals
The acronym SMART for setting goals is one of the most popular methods because it works!
- Be specific. State your goals specifically instead of letting them remain vague. E.g. I want to lose 10kgs V I want to lose weight.
- Make them measurable. Create benchmarks that will keep you on track. Break your big goal down to smaller ones g. This week I will do 3 cardio sessions.
- Make it attainable. Make your goals challenging enough to be meaningful, but still achievable if you put in the required time and work.
- Focus on results. While it’s important to enjoy the journey and learn from it, you also want to have something to show for your efforts.
- Set time limits.g. I want to lose 10kgs in 4 months from now.
Alternative strategies to reinforce your goals:
- Announce your intentions to others which will increase the pressure in a good way by making you accountable.
- Be open to help. You can accomplish more when you’re willing to accept support and feedback.
- Minimize distractions. Free up your leisure hours for more meaningful and productive activities.
- Develop a growth mindset. You can grow smarter and more accomplished when you apply yourself in any area where you want to stretch your skills.
- Reward yourself. Treat yourself to your favorite desert when you deliver an impressive presentation. Take a vacation to celebrate a new job position.
- Be patient and put in the effort.
Strengthening your goals will help keep you motivated and increase your chances of reaching them! Become unstoppable at accomplishing goals and I guarantee you, your life will start changing and taking the form you’ve always wanted in no time.