Do you have long term goals? Do you often day dream about achieving them? How confident do you feel that they will be fulfilled?
The key to your dreams becoming a reality is to believe in yourself and your abilities. Only you can make them come true. YOU have the power to stop the “doubting”.
Try these strategies to regain confidence:
- Learn to recognize self-doubt. Are you aware of how much doubt is affecting your goals? The first step, is to recognize the power that self-doubt has over you.
- Avoid letting your struggles stop you. Struggles can increase your doubt about your abilities to achieve your goals. They can make you give up and walk away – if you let them.
- Face your problems face on and trust me, what does not kill you ONLY makes you stronger.
- Recognize your excuses. Creating excuses is the easiest thing you can do to NOT pursue a goal. You may tell yourself that you’re not worthy of your dreams or that they’re foolish. Doubt can make you stay in a comfortable place that isn’t fulfilling.
- Your excuses might include that you don’t have enough time or resources to achieve your dreams. You may also blame your family, background, or other aspects of your life.
- Recognize that you’re using these reasons for excuses. Think of them as simply challenges that you can find a solution to, and get busy!
- Act with confidence. You must go after your dreams and goals with passion and confidence even when you’re scared and uncertain.
- Practice by doing things that take a little courage. Not only will you get some things done, but you’ll also have more self-esteem because you’re doing things that scare you. You can build up your confidence over time with baby steps.
- View your challenges in a new way. Life is filled with teachable moments that can help you get to your dreams. Challenges can shape and transform you.
Dare to dream and dare to be awesome!