For the sake of Valentine’s day, let’s get sticky, sweet and o so chocolatey! Bumping into this recipe on line, I tried it, tested it and can only say it’s to die for!
(These four-layer cake mix brownies start with a layer of ultra, soft red velvet brownies, but are taken to the next level with Oreo truffle filling, then topped with sinfully rich chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips. Total heaven in every bite!!!) kevinandamanda.com
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (about 36) whole Oreos
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 180 °c. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil and coat with cooking spray. Beat together cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, and 2 eggs until fully combined and smooth. Press into the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15-18 mins, until just set. Do not overbake.
- Crush whole Oreos in a Zip plastic bag or food processor into fine crumbs. Stir together with remaining 1/2 cup melted butter and mix well. Pour over baked red velvet brownies and gently press down in an even layer.
- Place the milk chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a low boil, then pour over chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk together until completely smooth and thick. Pour over Oreo layer. Top with mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins to allow chocolate ganache to set up. Cut into bars and serve.
Can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.