A new trend…? Definitely not. Do we love them…? Totally!
Foundation sticks are a product that have been around for few years now.
They are so versatile and multifunctional that one can easily say ‘that’s all you need to carry in your makeup bag’. Their packaging is incredibly convenient – just throw it in your bag and worry not about spillage – they are sleekly and serve not only as a foundation but also in lieu of your usual concealer or contouring product, too. As far as application is concerned, it couldn’t be easier than 1,2,3. Simply open, swipe it on your face and blend it using your fingers or your favourite beauty blender!
No matter what your skin type, tone, or personal preferences are there is definitely a foundation stick that will meet your needs and make your morning routine and on-the-go touch-ups a breeze. Here are WMC’s favourites!
BOBBI BROWN – SKIN FOUNDATION STICK. This super-emollient product is packed with Olive Extract and Shea Butter which help moisturize skin wherever it is dry. The brand offers 43 shades to choose from, and they’re broken down into cool, warm and neutral undertones to help you find your perfect match. It delivers medium to full coverage and is water-, sweat- and humidity-resistant.
HOURGLASS – VANISH™ SEAMLESS FINISH FOUNDATION STICK. This foundation offers a dewy finish and at the same time is a foundation and concealer in one. Its concentrated formula contains double the amount of pigment versus traditional foundations which delivers instant coverage with just one application. It’s available in 32 shades to perfectly match every skin tone, it’s vegan and offers long wearing, waterproof formula for a 12-hour coverage.
NARS – VELVET MATTE FOUNDATION STICK. If you have oily skin and need some mattifying control, then this is the best foundation stick for you. This foundation stick comes in 8 shades and with a built-in, removable Touch-Up Blender, which helps when you are on the go and want to keep your hands clean J It gives a soft-matte finish and the creamy, blendable texture can easily be built for maximum coverage.
CLINIQUE – CHUBBY IN THE NUDE™ FOUNDATION STICK. It’s a creamy foundation stick which blends easily and builds from sheer to moderate coverage and has a natural finish. It is definitely long-wearing and even though it’s incredibly creamy, the oil-free formula will never feel like it’s gunking up your pores (something which I am always worried about)
How to apply a foundation stick:
- Twist the product so that the product comes out but not too high so as to prevent breakages.
- Apply the product on your face starting from the centre of your face. Draw a line down your nose, across your cheeks and under your eyes and then using your fingers or a beauty blender, blend it from the centre of your face moving outwards.
TIP: use a shade deeper than your skin tone to create smooth contouring and a shade lighter for natural-looking highlights.
- If you are going to use a darker shade to contour, draw lines in the darker shade along the top of your forehead, under your cheekbones and over your jaw line to add definition.
- After contouring, use the lighter shade to highlight your features. Apply this shade on your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, and underneath your eyes to emphasise your features.
- When you are finished with contouring and highlighting make sure you blend very well to create a flawless look.
- To set your foundation you can use a setting powder if you want!
Till next week…