If you are anything like our WMC founder Maria, then you are very pro glossy, dewy skin! And just so you know dew skin is one of the ‘in’ trends in makeup in 2018. Glossy is all about the healthy glow!
Glossy skin starts with healthy skin so in order to get that natural glow you need to try layering hydrating serums and moisturizers to improve your skin’s plumpness and dewy texture. But let’s begin with the basics:
- Keep your skin cleansed and moisturized. Good makeup always starts with clean, hydrated skin, and that’s especially true when it comes to getting ‘glowy’. After your normal cleansing routine try Balancing Lavender Toner by Elemis which effectively tones the skin and helps rebalance its pH level.
“When skin is dehydrated, it lacks elasticity; fine lines and under-eye circles often appear more pronounced, and skin tends to look flat […] Hydrated skin just glows; it looks more plump and reflects light better, hence the term ‘glowing skin.”
The Harley Medical Group’s Justine Hextall, MD
- Since moisture is the key to radiance, follow your cleansing routine with a hyaluronic acid serum like Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier (H.A.) by Skinsceuticals or even Moisture Surge™ Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate which will instantly quench dehydrated skin and keep it hydrated for a full 72 hours. Spare a few minutes massaging your face as this will release any tension in your face, increase blood and oxygen flow, which will result in a ‘glowier’ After doing so add you favourite moisturising face cream and this will lock everything in.
- Glossy skin is all about the base. Use a brightening primer like Strobe Cream by MAC with just a bit of concealer where needed to achieve a flawless glow-up.
- Follow with a lightweight foundation like LES BEIGES Healthy Glow Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 25 by CHANEL and apply coverage only where you really need it. The result should be light and dewy, not heavy and matte. Use the foundation to make your skin colour evenly not to conceal. If you have spots to cover, this is what concealer is for but make sure it’s targeted on problem areas, blend well together with foundation.
- Finish off your look with some highlighting along the brow bone, over the eyelids, along the cheekbones and lightly onto your cupid’s bow. You can use anything from a highlighting stick like Watt’s Up! By BENEFIT, Beach Stick by CHARLOTTE TILBURY to a perfectly portable edition of BECCA’s iconic Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed compact. Add a sheer shade on your lips too, DIOR LIP GLOW in Sheer Ballet Pink will simply do the trick and bring out a natural glow!
And there you have it…fresh,glossy looking skin!
Till next week!