Turmeric is a member if the curcuma botanical group, which is part of the ginger family and is considered by many to be nature’s top anti-inflammatory spice! A spice traditionally used in India it is one of the main constituents of curry, giving it its yellow – golden color. It is very powerful and one of the best supplements available today. Recently there have been thousands of scientific studies proving its many health benefits.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is nature’s top natural anti-inflammatory substance and a great antioxidant.
Curcumin has shown to:
- Fight inflammation. Has a key role in managing autoimmune conditions such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Boost the antioxidant capacity of the body
- Improve brain function and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Prevent cancer and help in cancer treatment
- Help the body detoxify
- Help in the treatment of depression.
You can benefit from turmeric’s many health benefits by adding it to your diet or using a high quality supplement. Turmeric is not easy to absorb in the body so if you decide to use supplements look out for one that contains 95% BCM which guarantees enhanced bioavailability and bio-efficacy, basically meaning it will give out its therapeutic benefits at a maximum level.