I have always been fascinated about the medicinal power of plants and herbs. Two years ago I took a course which was carried out by my friend George Ellinas, a great Cypriot herbalist. As I understood more about the medicinal power of herbs I started using them more and more in my dietetic practise. Herbs are now a vital tool for me and they help my patients heal and cope with various ailments.
A fabulous herb is thyme or Thymus Capitatus.
Health benefits of Thyme:
- Helps digestion
- Relieves stomach pain
- Prevents the formation of intestinal gas
- Relieves colic pain
- Helps treat respiratory disorders such as asthma
- Treats colds, coughs and sore throat
- Has excellent antibacterial properties
- Treats skin inflammation and acne
Thyme tea can be taken 3 times a day. For preparation: Leave one teaspoon of dried thyme in hot water for 10 minutes and drain.
For digestive support you can also find thyme liquid extract.