Lemongrass adds a zesty citrus taste and fragrance to these chicken skewers! Totally summery, totally delicious! Try them out!
For approx.: 4 people
- 5 lemongrass stalks
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- Finely grated zest and juice of a lime
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried red chilli flakes
- A small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- Finely chop 1 lemongrass stalk and transfer to a large bowl. Add the soy sauce, lime zest and juice, garlic, chilli and coriander and mix well. Add the chicken, season well and mix again. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if you can.
- Cut the remaining lemongrass into 3cm lengths. Thread the lemongrass and chicken on to 8 metal skewers. Grill, turning often, for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.