Quick and easy! Just throw all the ingredients in a wok add the sauce and your good to go!
Approx.: for 2 people
GARLIC AND GINGER Prawns
- 455 g /16-20 peeled and prawns
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
SWEET GINGER CHILI SAUCE
- 5 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 ½ teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, including leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, cut into small pieces
- 225 g mushrooms, such as shiitake, stemmed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ head Chinese lettuce leaves cut into pieces
- salt, to taste
- salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, toss the prawns with sesame oil. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Make the sweet ginger chili sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the chili sauce, soy sauce and vinegar.
- In a wok, heat 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the prawns to the pan in a single layer and season with salt. Cook for about 2 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining sesame oil to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion and sauté for about 3 minutes, until softened. Add the broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the bell pepper and scallions and continue to cook until the peppers start to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft, about 3 minutes more. Add the lettuce and carrots and cook until the lettuce is wilted, 2–3 minutes. Season with the salt.
- Return the prawns to the pan and add the sweet ginger chili sauce, tossing to combine.
- Put the stir fry into a serving bowl and garnish with the peanuts and thinly sliced scallions. Serve immediately.