6 bad habits we tend to have at home due to laziness and lack of time
- After a night out or a difficult day at work an easy solution to cleansing is wet wipes. Not only do these wipes dehydrate the face making it more sensitive but they also damage the hydro lipid film. Try to avoid.
- The area around the eyes is very sensitive and 10 times thinner than the rest of our face. Therefore, the only products we should be using are those targeted for the eye area. Using your face cream all over is a big mistake as you strain the skin. Eye creams are formulated to be extra mild since the area around the eye is particularly sensitive to irritation.
- Rushing when applying eye cream results in us being harsh on this delicate area around our eyes. To apply eye cream correctly, use your ring finger so as not to exert pressure to this sensitive area and with a tapping motion apply the cream evenly.
- Unfortunately, many of us believe that the more we exfoliate the better our face will be! This is not the case. When we exfoliate too often or with a scrub that’s too harsh, it backfires big time. Our skin gets irritated, then our dry, flaky patches return and often get worse but gentle scrubs can remove flakes and make dull, thirsty skin glow again.
Favourite Exfoliant: Papaya Enzyme Peel by ELEMIS
- We also like to aggravate our face when picking on it to clear away black spots and blemishes. This has an adverse effect as we risk getting permanent scars and making infections worse. Trust your face to a specialist and believe me when I say the results will be astonishing!
- Last but not least, we often use products that have been recommended to us by a friend. Every person has different skin requirements therefore it is best to consult a beauty specialist. That way you’ll get the best results.
Owner: Nyxi Nyxi Beauty Lounge