Life in the 21st century is very busy but also very noisy and there are many distractions. Every minute our phone is beeping with a text or a social media notification. When at work it’s sometimes impossible to get a full hour without somebody wanting something from you.
However, the busiest place in life, does not exist in our outside world. The busiest place in our everyday life is, in our minds.
Your mind is constantly filled with a small voice, or several voices. This voice usually talks about worries, future plans, decisions that need to be taken, things you said and regret, things that are missing from your life etc.
Ask yourself this: How often do you miss out on a precious moment because you were “thinking” about something else? How often do you focus on the things that are “missing” instead on the positive ones that are right in front of you?
- Clear your mind and quiet the noise:Spend less time looking at your phone. Not only that, but also disable notifications. You’ll have plenty of time to go through your social media later.
- Focus on your breathing for 5 minutes. This is the best anti stress and mind/noise reducer you could do.
- See the positivity in life. Cherish what you have and count your blessings. This will mute any thoughts on what is “missing” from your life.
- Laugh more often! When we laugh our minds are clear of clutter.
- Switch off mentally. Light some candles and put on some relaxing music.
We need to start clearing our minds, lowering the noise from both outside and inside ourselves. This will help us focus on the things that matter most. Our goals, our relationship and most importantly the good things we have in life.
“Silence is a source of great strength” Lao Tzu