It’s only normal that after a busy day at work, you may feel like crashing in front of the TV or focusing on your own to do list. But actually doing things for others cannot only make you happier but also more productive.
How to Give More Time to Others and be more present!
1. Call your parents. If you live miles apart, you can still call your parents regularly. Even better, video call them!
2. Volunteer. Find a worthy cause that you want to support.
3. Help a colleague. Ask people what you can do to help. Maybe you can proofread a document or return some of their emails.
4. Read to your kids. Bedtime stories are magical and can easily be part of your daily routine.
5. Go on dates with your other half. Make time to spend time together as a couple. You can go out for dinner or take a stroll on the beach.
6. Hang out with your friends. Every relationship you wish to keep needs time and effort.
7. Live for the moment. Focus on whoever you are with instead of dwelling on the past or thinking about the future. Put aside your mobile phone, you can check instagram later!
8. Show enthusiasm. Listen, and take sincere interest in the lives of others. Care about their happiness and wellbeing.
Spend time with others and I guarantee you will see the benefits in the long run!