When drinking wine every drop counts but when it comes to wine tasting, it is the one-time spitting wine is appropriate.
You’ll find a lot of people say that it’s ‘cool to spit’ and it is! People tend to get intimated by the idea but it’s so much fun during a wine tasting session! Spitting ensures you don’t get tipsy.
Below, you will find a “how-to-spit-elegantly” guide, that works for me and truth be told, I learnt the hard way!
- Pick a nice outfit that will boost your confidence
- Hold your glass, from its leg (the right way)
- Take a sip, swirl wine in your mouth
- Relax! Gather the wine in your mouth, lower your head into the spittoon or grab it close to you while covering your clothes, slightly suck in your cheeks and spit!
- Make sure you hold a napkin, as it will work as a “safety-net” and wipe your mouth.
Voilà! A stain free process, with an elegant aftertaste.
So, next time you find yourself in a wine tasting situation, you will know how to handle it.
There are times where wine seems too delicious to spit, I know, therefore drinking is justifiable, so if you’re only tasting a couple of wines, drink up and don’t worry about the spitting!
See you next week!
Until then.. Strike for a glass half full !