Have you noticed that when you are filled with enthusiasm, you are unstoppable? When was the last time you were excited about something? So excited that you could not think about anything else?
Children, our main source of knowledge, teach us how to experience almost everything with a sense of adventure and excitement. How hard is it to let go of all the small things that are meaningless and negative and to gain perspective on what excites you?
The best news it that when you make a habit of being excited it has a contagious effect on other areas of your life. And that’s a small part of the beauty of self-development!
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm” Winston Churchill
How to be more enthusiastic in your everyday life:
- No matter how busy you are, take 15 minutes to do something that excites you. Whether it’s when you wake up, late at night or during your lunch break. Take 15 minutes. It’s worth it.
- Show gratitude for every good thing you have in your life. This has been pointed out before, but its importance is huge. Appreciate the good things in life and I promise they will multiply.
- Plan ahead for something exciting! Whether it’s a fancy dinner, meeting with friends or going on a trip, start planning it. I am sure that this will definitely keep you excited.
- Get some movement in your body! We spend too many hours lazing about which results in lack of energy. If you know what I’m talking about then get up and move around more! Exercise is ideal but if not, a walk will do.
- Avoid energy “vampires”. The media, news, a friend or a colleague who makes you feel drained. Stay away, these things are not healthy and just kill your enthusiasm!
“The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.” Aldous Huxley