Feeling a little down recently, for no reason in particular, made my energy levels drop causing me frustration because I am genuinely not used to it!
Saying that, I managed to make myself overcome this whoosh of bad vibes. I forcefully shifted my thoughts and started doing things that uplifted me. The result? I am now back to my enthusiastic, optimistic and energetic self. This change started taking place ONLY after I had decided that enough is enough.
In the picture (taken last Saturday) I met up with my good friend Smiley (a nickname we had for each other since our days in the army). No coincidence there, we used to feed off each other’s big smile and positive outlook.
- How to take a shot of a good vibe:
I understand that the last thing you might want to do when you are feeling down is to try and change it! But practically -wise, it is a matter of time for this “bad aura” to start getting in the way of your day to day routine, weekly goals etc.
- Exercise, shower, and choose something nice to wear! I know you are not in the mood but the point is to get out of that state of mind. So push yourself for a 15-minute jog, refreshing shower and put on your glam.
- Listen to your favorite music, the upbeat kind whether your into rock, RnB or trance. Avoid listening to the music that makes you numb or feel even more mellow! For this to work you need songs that put the spring back into your step.
- Fake a smile, relax your eyes keep smiling for 30 seconds. Don’t forget to breathe. Repeat 3 times. Studies have shown that smiling releases endorphins, which makes us feel good. It is a natural drug!
- Meet a friend who makes you smile. Force yourself to see that one person whose energy always makes you feel better.
- Remember that nothing lasts forever. All things come to end and so do your bad vibes. Be patient and do not do anything you will regret later.
Relax, we all have our bad days 🙂