It might be the first official day of spring but baby it’s still cold outside. Edith’s unblended, veggie soup is a light, Asian, tummy filler for either a starter or a main course. We can’t get enough of it in our home.
Feeds approx.: 6 people
- 1 onion cut in thick strips
- 1 leak cut into pieces
- 2 carrots cut into pieces
- ¼ medium sized cabbage diced
- 1 red pepper cut into long strips
- ¼ medium sized Chinese lettuce cut into thick pieces
- 1 litre water
- Soy sauce according to taste
- Salt and pepper according to taste
Boil water over the stove in a deep pan and put the leaks and carrots first. After 3 minutes or when the carrots are a little soft, add the onion, cabbage and Chinese lettuce. Cook for 3 minutes, add the pepper and then salt and soy sauce according to taste. Boil the soup for another 2 minutes until vegetables are cooked. Add pepper.