How often do you feel like you just can’t take it anymore? When everything seems to be working against you and you end up spiraling in negativity and frustration?
Unfortunately, when we do feel that everything seems too much, we end up lashing out at the wrong people for the wrong reasons.
In fact, more often than not we literally drown in a glass of water. By allowing our emotional state to take over we lose control and end up feeling drained.
How to avoid drowning in a glass of water:
- See a problem for what it is. Take a step back and ask yourself. Is this really that important?
- Go for a walk in nature. Most times when we reconnect to nature we can see life’s bigger picture.
- Practise breathing. Concentrate on your breathing by taking 10-15 deep breaths.
- Count your blessings. This will help you focus on what’s important in your life such as your relationships.
- Be in the present. Enjoy the current state and stop thinking of what may happen.
It is OK to lose track and feel down from time to time. But make sure that you are NOT drowning in a tiny glass of water which could result in missing out on life’s greatest gifts!