This zucchini crust pizza is like no other you’ve had before. The crust is thin, crispy and delicious and can hold up a few toppings too. It’s loaded with cheese and Italian spices so it’s got a tasty kick to it that you won’t get from regular pizza dough.
Ingredients for 1 pizza:
- 2-3 medium zucchini about 1 1/2 cup shredded
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- favourite toppings
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place shredded zucchini on a plate lined with a few layers of paper towel. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of salt. Set aside for 10 minutes. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the zucchini by wrapping it up in the paper towels, squeezing out all the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, breadcrumbs, egg, cheese and Italian spices. Combine mixture with a spoon until fully incorporated then transfer mixture on to greased parchment paper. Press the dough into the desired shape and thickness on the greased parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust looks set and the bottom is starting to brown. Carefully remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with sauce, cheese, and toppings if desired. Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.