Chaos and order. Yin and yang. There’s a fine line between the two and with the current worldwide chaotic situation, it seems that we are on the brink of things falling apart.
What better way to keep sane than to have a set of rules to “live by”? Jordan Peterson, clinical psychologist, lecturer and author wrote an awesome book to help us keep going by following 12 simple rules for life.
Here are some of my favourite:
- Stand up straight with your shoulders straight. Speak your mind, encourage the serotonin to flow!
- Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you.
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who someone else is today.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
- Assume that the person you are listening to, might know something you dont! Lower your ego and keep a student like mindset.
If you like his advice, you’ll really enjoy his book, 12 Rules for Life – An antidote to chaos.
Keep sane and don’t fall into chaos!